Monday, March 15, 2021

Making up for last weeks email.. Week 12?

 February 1, 2021

So basically this week sucked for a few reasons... 

     This week didn't start on a good note. Sadly our baptismal date Pete had covid-19 and he passed away. Pete was such a rad guy. Yes, he was our investigator and we had a baptismal date but he was more than just a 'number'. He was a friend, someone who we looked forward to meeting with to not only feel the spirit and share our love for the gospel but to talk about life. Our zoom calls with him were like a zoom call with a best friend, full of laughs, the spirit, and straight up joy.
     I'm grateful for the testimony I have of the plan of salvation AKA the plan of happiness. I know that death isn't the end. Our time on earth is only a piece of a plan. Because of this, I know that Pete will be able to accept the fullness of the gospel in the spirit world. Pete will be taught what we weren't able to teach him here. That brings me so much peace. I know that Jesus Christ broke the bands of death (Alma 7:11) Because of Jesus Chirst, all of us will be resurrected and have the opportunity to live in eternal happiness with our families... Eternal happiness sounds pretty great right!? As we live the gospel and try our hardest to be like the perfect example, Jesus Christ, we can achieve that eternal happiness. I Know that we can achieve eternal happiness, living in the presence of our Heavenly Father. That right there, brings a perspective on life that helps me make goals that lead to the blessing of eternal happiness. 

Now one of my favorite scriptures:

Helaman 5:12
12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the arock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your bfoundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty cstorm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

    This is a promise to us that if we build our foundation upon our Savior, we cannot fall. Regardless of what Satan throws at us. 
    We will all have hard days and challenges, it's inevitable. I have learned each challenge and hard day is something great in disguise, weird right?! On my mission the hardest days have been the most influential in the way I do missionary work and built my relationship with my Heavenly Father the strongest, my hardest tests build a stronger dedication, my hardest bike races built a mentally and physically stronger racer. We can build ourselves up to endure the hard days of life by building our foundation on Christ. 

Now a fire quote:

"If we have true faith in our Redeemer, we do something about it, because we have real intent." - Weatherford Clayton

Y'all are dope if you made it thus far , have a good week, remember that Jesus Christ loves you! 

Love Elder Clark
 
 
Cool chair on top of a mountain

Cool palms in Bel Air
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing the Restoration over the pulpit Inbox

 July 26, 2021 Welcome back! I can't believe it has already been a week, mission time is flying by.  This is the run down of my week. - ...