Monday, December 21, 2020

Home MTC and off to LA, California

 

November 3 - November 23, 2020

 

I wasn't sure what to expect with Aiden's missionary setting apart but it ended up being pretty wonderful.  We only invited the grandparents and our Bishop and then the entire Stake Presidency came.  The setting apart was awesome and said so many things that I wish I would have written down...but I didn't.  


The MTC room.  From the time Aid was set apart there was a noticeable difference in him.  I was not super excited about him doing home MTC but it is an experience that I am so grateful for.  Watching Aid transition into a missionary  was such a blessing.  I can't even really put it into words but seeing him as an 18 year old boy one day and then as an 18 year old Elder the next day was mind blowing.  Jason and I both admitted that when we walked by the MTC room we would pause outside of it just to listen to him. 

 Some screenshots of the Elders he was in the MTC with.




 

November 8 at 9 pm was when the Governor did a new stay at home mandate.  Fortunately Aiden's friend farewell was at 2:30 that same day so we were able to squeeze it in before the mandate went into affect.


Parker and Aiden are best friends.  Parker leaves in January for Iowa City to serve his mission.

Aiden and Tom have been friends since 5th grade and ran XC for 7 years together.

On Sunday, November 22 we took Aiden around to all of the family to say one last good-bye before he flew out the next day.



Haley's kids wrote a message on the sidewalk and also made him posters - it was so cute!




Off to LA, California

Saying good-bye to Buddy

A selfie at Cubby's on the way to the airport

Best-worst day ever but look at that smile....he was so excited to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing the Restoration over the pulpit Inbox

 July 26, 2021 Welcome back! I can't believe it has already been a week, mission time is flying by.  This is the run down of my week. - ...