Monday, March 15, 2021

Almost had to KO a homeless lady.. not playin. //Week 9? Inbox

 January 18, 2021

Buckle up for this first paragraph, its a crazy one.

         Aight so here we are, Elder Beckstrand and I going on a peaceful, stress relieving walk after a long day of mission work. LA has a lot of homeless forts along sidewalks, but we usually maneuver around them no problem. Today was a little different.  As we are walking I notice some commotion from a homeless fort and next thing I know, I see a homeless lady absolutely bugging out with a pair of gardening shears in one hand and a piece of REBAR in the other, as a missionary, I made the 'smart' decision to walk to the other side of the street. The homeless lady goes running past us chasing a homeless dude...doesn't end here though. They eventually got tired, it seems like heroin addicts don't have much endurance.. ha! But somehow they ended up cornering my comp and I on the sidewalk and they are absolutely tweaking out, yelling at us and such, so I'm getting ready to throw some hands because one is threatening us and the other is talking about how much he loves Jesus. So there is a lot of mixed emotion, I couldn't decide if i was gonna dunk (baptize) him and deck her and dip or what. Hard to pick up on the vibe at the moment.....so I turn to my comp to see if he will back me up if someone starts throwing punches, right? Yeah, no. My comp straight up ditched me and went to the other side of the road without telling me.. so here I am trying to fend off a tweaker who loves Jesus and another tweaker that is trying to kill me. It ended up turning out fine because the homeless dude slowly meandered off while the tweaker lady was walking after me... She eventually backed off, it was what was best for her. I was ready to hit her with a 1-2 Mayweather and finish her with a 3-4 McGregor ha! close call! 
 Hope that made sense, if not... read it again? Hahaha <3

Now the missionary portion of the email:

        One of our other eternigators has started keeping real commitments and reading the BOM on his own, soooo stoked for him! Also our Bap. Date still has covid, he got tested again and it was still positive :/ so it'll be at least 14 days from Saturday. Everything happens for a reason, whether we understand that reason in the moment or not. This has played a huge role in missionary work.  Pete (our bap. Date with covid) has canceled his baptism because of his covid tests coming back positive, but in the midst of him feeling like he is gonna die he got on his knees and prayed and he said he prayed all night long and his testimony grew more than I or he could have imagined. The fact that his baptism was canceled sucks...a lot. But he was able to turn this lame situation into an opportunity, an opportunity to grow his testimony of prayer stronger and stronger. What an inspirational guy.
 
"Rather than being judgmental and critical of each other, may we have the pure love of Christ for our fellow travelers in this journey through life." Thomas S. Monson

^ That's one of my fav. quotes.  Just thought I would share it with you :)

Love you all and hope life is going good. 

Love Elder Clark 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing the Restoration over the pulpit Inbox

 July 26, 2021 Welcome back! I can't believe it has already been a week, mission time is flying by.  This is the run down of my week. - ...