Thursday, July 22, 2021

The week of Emergency Transfers

 May 3, 2021


It's been a bit of a crazy week.  I no longer live in a 4-man. The Elders that lived with us got transferred out :/ that's been a bit of an adjustment, it's very quiet and kinda lame. I love my comp but if you know me, then you know that I definitely do not wanna talk to the same person from 6:30am to 10:30pm hahaha "Miss me with that" but it's been fun. I've gotten lots of extra studies in :) and some great work-outs!

Elder Gollaher (who got transferred out) was my running buddy so I started making my companion run with me, he doesn't like running....yet, haha. He loves it. On our first run we just ran 2 miles and he was killing it! I was surprised!!  Then as we crossed our finish line he drops on his knees and proceeds to puke for the next 5 minutes, haha. I think he woke up the whole apartment complex with his dry-heaving.  Hahaha so disgusting, sorry for that.

Anyway, pray for me so that I will get a comp that enjoys running 🙏  

A little side note for this next story, in the Chatsworth ward we have 7 missionaries.. Yeah, it's a lot haha. 
The Missionaries: E. Derhak and I; E. Kim, E. Kellis, and E. Hayward; and the ASL Sisters. 

All The Elders were invited to lunch with one of the ASL members (American sign language) and we don't sign/speak ASL hah, we happily accepted the invitation and headed to the In-n-out. Jose is fully deaf and took all the Elders to In-n-out for lunch haha, he's so wholesome. To communicate we just passed a phone back-and-forth to type on notes, I actually got to know him better than you might think, he's really cool and it was super fun and he was stoked to "hang with the Elders" hahaha. 


Spiritual thought

Gratitude, this is a divine principle. 
D&C 59:7 
 "Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things."

During a talk this Sunday a speaker said "I have a get rich scheme for you, gratitude." Gratitude is shown to increase your happiness and it improves many many other aspects of your life, this is a scientifically proven fact. Powerful right!? 

No matter your situation, no matter your trials in life, you have a reason to be grateful. Search for that reason and thank him for it.

 President Thomas S Monson said "giving thanks unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God's love" he says it best. 

Love y'all and have a good week, don't forget to thank God for all the blessings you receive 🙏

love,
Elder Clark





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing the Restoration over the pulpit Inbox

 July 26, 2021 Welcome back! I can't believe it has already been a week, mission time is flying by.  This is the run down of my week. - ...