Thursday, August 5, 2021

I hit my 6 months!

 May 10, 2021

Yep, you read that right. It's official, on May 4th, I hit my 6 months as a missionary. Pretty sick right!?


These 6 months have been crazy, haha. I've experienced so much I don't even know where to start. From almost getting stabbed by a pair of garden shears to meeting people I never would have imagined meeting. My testimony has grown so much! And I am so thankful for these memories I've made and stoked to be able to continue building my testimony and serving others for the next 18 months 🙏 

I also got transfer news! I'm getting a new companion on Tuesday but staying in Chatsworth, pretty stoked! 

This week was pretty alright, we found one somewhat solid friend and did some fun member work (we got fed and met some cool Members). We also got out and did some street contacting and that's been an experience haha, but we got a phone number or two and are hoping for some success with that. We also got to finish up the Jewish guys garage this week, my goodness, I thought it was mostly done but we ended up spending 3 hours finishing it up, nothin like cleaning out a garage in 100+ degree weather 🤠 what an experience. 

People have a tendency to think that missionaries are really really broke, we aren't....We are broke but we aren't gonna die. For example, we helped some guy out and he proceeded to buy us lunch on his food stamps.. I tried to low-key deny the meal (because he doesn't need to spend money on us😂) but he didn't like that haha, so I shut up and ordered a turkey sandwich. Shout out to that guy, best subway sandwich I've ever had. Just thought that was an interesting experience but hey, he's gonna be blessed for being such a kind soul. 

Anyway, I've bored y'all enough now onto the spiritual thought. 

I've been studying ministering a lot this transfer, what it is, how to do it, etc. One of my favorite studies outlined how important it is to minister with joy. We do this by understanding it's an expression of love and wanting to help people because you care for them. As we minister with joy we feel more joy, I don't know how it works.. but it does! 

"As we embrace [ministering] with willing hearts, we will … be closer to becoming a Zion people and will feel surpassing joy with those whom we have helped along the path of discipleship,” taught Sister Jean B. Bingham, Relief Society General President." 

Love y'all have a good week!


Love,
Elder Clark
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing the Restoration over the pulpit Inbox

 July 26, 2021 Welcome back! I can't believe it has already been a week, mission time is flying by.  This is the run down of my week. - ...